How to Clean Combs
A comb is an important tool for taking care of your hair. But many people forget that it also needs care and cleaning. In this text we will tell you why and how to clean combs.
By the way, if your hairbrush is useless to clean and you need a new one, you can go to AliExpress. There’s a huge selection of hair care products there. And the free AliHelper extension will help you find reliable sellers and the biggest discounts.
Why should you clean your hairbrush?
A comb is often used to style hair and apply styling products. That’s why gel, polish, oils and other product residue can collect on the teeth and in the gaps. And other hair styling products. As well as residues of skin grease, dust and dirt. If the comb is not cleaned regularly, bacteria and fungi can build up on it. Which can negatively affect the condition of your hair and scalp.
How to properly clean a comb
Cleaning a comb won’t take you much time or effort. But it will make it more hygienic and prolong its lifespan. Here are a few steps to help you clean your comb properly.
- Before you start cleaning your comb, remove any hair that is stuck on the teeth. You can use an old toothbrush or other sharp end to remove hair.
- Pour warm water into a cup and add a small amount of mild soap or shampoo.
- Put the comb in the cup of water and leave it for 10-15 minutes to let the hair styling product residue, dust and dirt dissolve.
- Using an old toothbrush, soft sponge or cotton swab, gently brush each tooth comb. To remove hair styling product residue and dirt. Do not use metal objects, such as needles or pins, to avoid damaging the teeth.
- Rinse the comb under running clean water.
Drying the comb
When the comb is completely clean, you need to dry it. To do this, place the comb on a clean, dry cloth and leave it to dry for a few hours. If you want to speed up the drying process, you can use a hair dryer on a low temperature. Or simply wipe the comb with a dry cloth.
Storing the comb
When the comb is completely dry, you should store it in a clean and dry place. It is best in a separate box or container. If you use your comb every day, remember that it can get very dirty and require regular cleaning. Therefore, it is recommended that you clean your comb at least once a month.
In conclusion, we hope that this article has helped you learn why and how to properly clean your comb. By following these simple steps, you will be able to keep your comb clean. Now you know how to clean combs.